As we gear up for our upcoming trip through Europe, I thought what better way to get pumped than to write a blog post on some of the best places I’ve traveled to (in this order).
- Thailand is my favorite place in the world, thus far. Not only is the food delicious but the people are so kind and happy everywhere you go. My favorite parts of Thailand have to be Phuket and Bangkok. In Phuket you get the best that Thailand has to offer, from its beautiful beaches, Thai culture, street food, outside markets, vivid nightlife and more. Additionally, on just a short ferry ride (or a boat tour) from Phuket you can experience, Koh Phi Phi Island, Maya Bay (where they shot the movie “The Beach”), and James Bond Beach. In Bangkok, you get the big city feel, while still being able to experience all that the Thai culture has to offer. For instance, in Bangkok you can experience the floating market, the famous red light district, take pictures with tigers, while still being in a developed country with beautiful sky lines and sky rise buildings.
2. Bali, Indonesia:
- Oh Bali, I fell in love with Bali. From its breath-taking rice paddies, the meditation culture, beautiful beaches, and mesmerizing jungles. One of my favorite destinations in Bali was probably, Ubud’s monkey forest. In the monkey forest, you are one with the monkeys, literally! The monkeys will sit, climb and play with you so be sure to feed them some bananas. Another stand out location was, Uluwatu Temple, for its breath taking views. I recommend going to Uluwatu to watch the sunset, as it’s the most spectacular sunset you will ever experience. Additionally, to the Balinese people Uluwato is very sacred, therefore, if you do decide to go be sure to cover your legs.
3. Paris, France
- This list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Paris. Not only is Paris known for being the capital of love, but it also has such a rich culture. Some of the things to see in Paris, include, the Eiffel Tower, Cathedral of Notre Dame, Louvre, Champs Elysees, and Arch de Triumph. Experiencing Paris is truly one of the most mesmerizing and breath taking travel experience you will ever experience.
- I’ve traveled to Fiji twice now, and each time I fall in love with it more. From the jungles, the humble people, and white sand beaches Fiji, is absolutely a top destination. However, my favorite thing about Fiji is the people! From the moment, you step off the plane everyone will be welcoming you with open arms and a big “BULA”! To them BULA is the equivalent of “Hello.” Yet, unlike in Western societies, were randomly shouting “Hello” is socially unacceptable. In Fiji shouting BULA to everyone you come across, even if you don’t make eye contact, is socially acceptable and doing the opposite would not be the norm. Not only are the people extremely welcoming but every single island you visit will have its own charm and beauty. Therefore, if you’re visiting Fiji be prepared to lose your social inhibitions, and let your hair down and be one with all that Fiji has to offer.
5. Barcelona, Spain
- My family all come from Spain, dating all the way back to my ancestors who migrated from North African to the Canary Islands, and other Northern regions of Spain. Naturally, I had to include “La Madre Patria” (“homeland”) as the Spaniards would say. Nevertheless, Barcelona is a truly magical place. Barcelona has such an undeniable rich history and mesmerizing architectural that is hard not to love. abundance. Therefore, If you’re anything like me, who loves history and intricate architecture then you will absolutely love Barcelona.
6. The Exumas, Bahama
- I really don’t know what took us so long to get to Exuma. Nevertheless, were so glad we finally did. Exuma has gotten a lot popularity in the last few years, mainly due to their cute swimming pigs, docile sharks, and picturesque waters. Yet it is still fairly underrated and not too crowded and filled with tourist everywhere you go. Additionally, the waters in Exuma are some of the most clear and turquoise waters we’ve ever seen. I mean the entire Island looks like one big pool. Something you might not know is that Exuma is made up of hundreds of little islands, meaning, there is an abundance of untouched marine life and pristine beaches to see.
Other Favorite Destinations
1. Sydney Australia
3.Cabo San Lucas, BCS
Mindful Mantra: Connect to Joy
Mantra for happiness: I connect to joy. Happiness is transient when we look to external objects or circumstances for pleasure. To connect to inner joy, try to be present in the moment and take pleasure in the simple things in life. – Dr. Romie
What are your favorite travel destinations?